1. Overheard in an elevator. Business casual woman: “Is this a Sci Fi Con?” Dealer wearing innocuous t-shirt and jeans: “No, comics.” Business casual woman: “Oh, comics…well, I just love the outfits!”
2. Speaking of elevators: there weren’t enough of them. After waiting for one for twenty minutes, we took the stairs up to our room. On the seventeenth floor.
3. Man taking a doggie sticker: “That’s my lucky dog!”
I informed him that he was correct.
4. Woman taking a gun sticker: “That’s what my heart looks like.”
5. Best outfit on anyone during the whole show: the three-year-old girl in a Spiderman muscle costume. I’m sorry I don’t have a photo.
6. Sean‘s latest genius object: Smokin’ Zombies!
7. Useful Tip: When there is a bottle of fancy water on the table at the hotel restaurant, do not assume that it is on the table because that is the only kind of water they serve. Assume that if you open it, it will cost you more than eight dollars.
7.5. Conversely, do not assume that just because a restaurant has a dumb name, that it will not be a good restaurant.
8. Admonition from a gentleman passing by the table: “Don’t let the loonies get you!” He paused. “Unless…they already have!”
9. Ninety five percent of the announcements made over the PA system, I completely could not understand, what with the noise in the room, the distortion, et cetera. Fortunately, the one that I did was about a gentleman who had lost a fanny pack containing pain medications. I’d been wondering whose fanny pack was underneath our table.
10. When you come to the end of an intense convention weekend, it’s great to have a task to accomplish.
It was a good thing we decided to check the tires while we were still in the parking lot.