There ought to be a name

…for the particular feeling you get when you’re back home after a substantial time away: simultaneously as though you were gone even longer than you actually were, and as though you never really left.

Is there?

You Might Also Like

  • Lori
    December 10, 2007 at 11:27 pm

    I bet there’s a word for that in German!

  • Catherine
    December 12, 2007 at 1:57 am

    Though it does not precisely fit, i would have said that i was “nostalgic for the present” or something similar. Thereby meaning that I was missing something that was currently happening, though I am not exactly sure if that was the feeling you were looking for.

  • nicola griffith
    December 12, 2007 at 7:09 pm

    Yep, it’s called jetlag /grin/.