1. We are hosting a cool cartoonist for the next few months. Since she’s been staying with us, we have cooked at home more than we have in an embarrassingly long time. Yay for the good influence of houseguests!
2. SF! I think I’m going to WonderCon. I don’t have the tickets yet but I think I am. I’ve never been. And I might also take the opportunity to do that thing I do where I duck out on the con and hang out with friends.
3. I am definitely going to be one of the featured authors at the Rochester Teen Book Fest! I will mention this again as it gets closer. I will be stirring up mayhem with Libba Bray, among other keen folks, including Alex Sanchez, whom I have not seen since we were on a panel together for a GLSEN conference years ago.
5. I don’t know why I felt compelled to number these.
6. Roasted asparagus with olive oil and garlic. So easy. Put asparagus spears on a cookie sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over them. Sprinkle some minced garlic. Bake at 400 degrees for, oh, 15 minutes or so. I like the tips to get kind of crispy. If you have a lemon you can squeeze it over the asparagus and it will be delicious. But if you don’t have a lemon it will still be super tasty.